× Members

DLA -PIP home assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago #233010 by big girl
DLA -PIP home assessment was created by big girl
I am my sisters apointee for the last 30 yrs, she was eventually awarded PIP for life but now has to transfer to PIP (she is 60 cerebral Palsy learning dtifficulties and other difficulties which are all somewhat discrete) . Following completion of the forms I received a telphone call from assessor, I am still not sure what the call was about ,some trivial questions asked then the comment "well i think we will get her assessed" home visit was mentioned,I said we were quite willing to go to assessment centre, now have received home visit appointment within the next week! am I being paranoid ? i thought home visits were few and far between. I would be grarteful for any information as to what to expect and what their agenda is

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #233011 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA -PIP home assessment
Hi Big Girl

Home visits are few and far between, but they must have taken the view that they could assess your sister in her home environment where she should be more comfortable. There is nothing sinister about this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: big girl

More
4 years 10 months ago #233012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA -PIP home assessment
big girl

Whilst home assessments are unusual they are still not that rare so I would not read anything into your sister getting one other than it being an acceptance that they would have problems attending at their offices.

Our PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions that you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: big girl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris