× Members

ESA50 Success

• ms-indestructable
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #233179 by ms-indestructable
ESA50 Success was created by ms-indestructable
Hi, I am posting to say a huge THANK YOU!!
I was asked to complete an ESA50 form back in January of this year. I could not have completed it without the help and advice from the B&W guidelines.
The form took me around 3 weeks to complete. I was exhausted from my chronic health conditions and the constant worry and insomnia.
I would also like to share the timeline I experienced.
the DWP, received the completed ESA50 form and medical documentation at the end of February this year. 8 weeks later I was called in for a Medical Assessment and despite getting a letter from my GP a home visit was refused. Luckily a close friend was able to drive me to the assessment centre on the day.
The person carrying out the assessment was friendly and polite. Introducing themselves as a Physiotherapist!
Most of the assessment went ok until I was asked about the Neuropathic Pain. The assessor admitted that they could not remember how to carry out the Neurological Reflex tests and wouldn't be examining me today!! This immediately caused me concern as the main physical problems I experience are all Neuropathic related.
I have had the Neuropathic examinations done so many times over the past few years,
I offered to guide the assessor through the tests, so that I was examined on all the areas of chronic neuropathic health conditions!!
After 5 weeks of worry and anxiety, today I received the dreaded 'brown envelope' through the letter box and shaking as I opened it, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
I will remain in the support group!!
If I could write a thousand Thank You's to the B&W website it would not be enough to express how grateful I am for the amazing and informative advice, related to completing the ESA50 form.
Advice for other members in the Yorkshire region... the whole ESA50 claim took 16 weeks from receiving the Form in the post, to acknowledgement of a successful claim.
Many thanks once again :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox, Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233181 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 Success
Hi Msindestructable

Many congratulations on your ESA award and staying in the Support Group. That's the first time I've ever heard of a claimant, talking the assessor through the tests they needed to do. Brave of you!

BIS

Tages: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.