× Members

No Show from Assessor!

More
4 years 11 months ago #233201 by PaulineC
No Show from Assessor! was created by PaulineC
We received our appointment for yesterday at our home for 11.45am for the PIP assessment...............at 12.45pm, I phoned to find out why the assessor had not turned up.

They told me they did not know and to call back today to find out.

I called back, but was then told, they still did not know and to call back either monday afternoon or tuesday morning............

I am so angry at being treated this way!! If we had not turned up for our PIP assessment at one of their allocations, we would have had our PIP stopped.

How dare they do this!! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233203 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic No Show from Assessor!
Hi Pauline

Unfortunately, you are not the only member of the forum to have experienced this and I doubt you will be the last. You're right, it's not good enough. Make sure that you keep a note of the time and date that you have called IAS. I would also inform the DWP what has happened. You don't want anyone to accuse you of not having been available! Hopefully, you will be able to find out what has happened next week and be given a new date asap.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233331 by tarka
Replied by tarka on topic No Show from Assessor!
Hi Pauline, the same thing happened to me yesterday, my face to face home visit was supposed to be at 2.15 but no one had turned up by 3.15 so I rang them up and asked what was happening. I held the line why she rang the HP who was supposed to be coming but they didn't answer their phone. She apologised but it's just not right for them, not to get in touch with you and inform you they aren't coming. Like you say "If we had not turned up for our PIP assessment at one of their allocations, we would have had our PIP stopped."
Someone telephoned me later to say that they had had trouble with their vehicle - what an excuse!
We all get worked up about these f2f assessments and then this happens, it's just not fair. They have now given me another date which is this Friday (5th July).
Good luck with assessment

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.