× Members

ESA phone calls

More
4 years 10 months ago #233210 by Squirrel
ESA phone calls was created by Squirrel
I sent off my renewal ESA 50 a week ago. There has been a phone call several times says, 'withheld' on my caller ID. Could it be them? I don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is. One call was on a Saturday. I'm sweating with fear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233214 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA phone calls
Hi Squirrel

A lot of organisations and even individuals use withheld. Impossible to say who it is.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233427 by Squirrel
Replied by Squirrel on topic ESA phone calls
I know a lot say 'witheld', my question was does it say 'witheld' when they phone and would they ever phone on a Saturday?

More
4 years 10 months ago #233429 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA phone calls
Hi Squirrel

Yes their number usually comes up as 'withheld', I have know DWP not only to phone on a Saturday but also after 7:00 pm at night.
We had applied for a MR after zero points, sent in additional supporting documents, within a few weeks received a call out of the blue after 7:00 pm, initially thought it was a hoax call or a scam but it turned out to be genuine, enhanced mobility and standard daily living.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MEFMARK

More
4 years 10 months ago #233430 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic ESA phone calls
Hi Squirrel

I am sorry to hear of your concerns re the number witheld calls but as has been said the DWP do sometimes ring on a Saturday. Apart from saying it 'could' therefore be from them sadly you're not really much further forward are you? What I will say is that if the DWP want to contact someone, try by phone and get no reply after phoning a few times, then they will write to them instead. This has in fact happened to me, in my case it wasn't because I saw it was witheld numbers but because I was either out or didn't hear the phone ring. Sometimes when the DWP phone and the person is out they will also leave a message asking the person to phone them back on a particular number.
I hope this helps in some way. I know it's difficult, and I've struggled with these type of things too in the past, but I do know that it we can - sometimes at least - face our fears then we may find that they evaporate, or at least diminish! As I say its difficult, but the alternative 'sweating with fear' isnt particularly easy either is it?

Kind regards

Mr B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris