× Members

After PIP MR I've gone from 2 points to 27!

More
4 years 9 months ago #233211 by Woolybrained
After PIP MR I've gone from 2 points to 27! was created by Woolybrained
Despite being on DLA for 20+ years, after ATOS f2f assessment I scored just 2 point out of the possible 108 for PIP benefit.

After a wait of almost 13 weeks I got the results of my Mandatory Reconsideration on Monday and I've now scored 27 points and been awarded both mobility and care at the enhanced rate!!!

I'm still in a state of shock and can't quite believe what has happened. I knew the chances of being successful at this stage was just 19%, and as I had no additional evidence to give them I didn't hold out much hope of being successful. All I did was say why I disagreed with the original decision. I say "All I did" like it was no big deal but it took me weeks and I ended up with 7 A4 typed pages. And because of the stress of it all I'm now on diazepam and antidepressants.

Looking at the points I've now scored in each section I have to say I agree with them all. But although I've now got what I believe I'm entitled to, I have to say I feel extremely lucky to do so. I've read so many shocking and heart-breaking post on this forum I know so many haven't been as lucky as I've been. And it shouldn't feel like luck, but it does. It should feel like justice.

Thank you Benefits and Work for producing some brilliant Guides, I couldn't have got here without your guidance and support of knowing I wasn't the only one going through this ghastly process. I just wish everyone could get what they deserve and are entitled to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE, Paul PIP, Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233215 by BIS
Hi Woolybrained

Many congratulations on winning your Mandatory Reconsideration and getting your enhanced award. Nothing wrong in saying you feel lucky if that's how you feel. You did well working your way through it.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolybrained, Katheryn Worrall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.