× Members

PIP Appeal, UC50 Appeal, when will it be over?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233311 by Atonu
The DWP ended my wife's PIP in 09/2018. She appealed and we had to apply for Universal Credit and we both were accepted as fit for work jobseekers. My wife applied for Limited Work Capability UC50 assessment, DWP refused, she asked mandatory reconsideration and they sent refusal MRN. In the meantime PIP Tribunal took place and my wife won her PIP appeal. But both Universal Credit and JobCentre are still treating her as a jobseeker actively looking for work. I have applied for Carers Allowance and Job Centre Work Coach has told my wife to appeal to Tribunal against UC50 decision.

This whole situation has been very stressful for my wife due to her disability. The PIP Tribunal and regular visits to Jobcentre have been very stressful for over 9 months. Now the prospect of another UC50 Tribunal appeal and regular visits to Jobcentre are causing her great harm.

Is there any way we can stop these Jobcentre visits? Is there any alternate to JSA like Income Support or Incapacity Benefit under Universal Credit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233320 by Gordon
Atonu

I'm afraid if you are on UC then there are no alternate benefits that you can claim, they were all replaced by UC.

Your claim for CA should excuse you from having to seek work, etc. but I am afraid your wife has no options although any requirements she is asked to perform should take into account the limitations that result from her conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233355 by Atonu
Thank you, Gordon, for your reply.
Under UC they consider all disabled people to be fit for work. Previousaly these people were excused from seeking work as they could claim Income Support or Incapacity Benefit. But these two benefits have gone for ever under UC which did not replace the JSA treating all disabled people fit for work. Even though they receive PIP, these disabled people have to go through the highly stressful process of constantly supplying either Fit Notes or applying for LImited Work Capability assessment (UC50) and if refused, then another UC50 Tribunal appeal. All these are extra stressful periods imposed upon the disabled people by the unjust Universal Credit. Disabled people with PIP greatly suffer from such stress and uncertainty which was previously not there under the old system.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.