× Members

Data Protection

More
4 years 11 months ago #233328 by ellameg
Data Protection was created by ellameg
My ex husband of 20 years recently received letters to his address ( he has only lived there for 4 months) & I have seen him once in 20 yrs he has remarried as I had too. I didn’t know his address. He returned them to sender unopened.
By pure chance my 29yr old visited him & he gave her a further letter addressed to me unopened. When I read it dated 28th May 2019it was a reminder letter about a questionnaire they had recently sent on the 9th May.
I’m extremely alarmed as I was a victim of DV & find this very distressing.
I have phoned the contact number on the letter which is for an Newcastle department who cannot give me an explanation as to why this has occurred they failed to recontact me as promised within 3 days & I had to contact them again today & still they had my address as my ex husbands. My job centre is in Carlisle & I have lived at my Carlisle address for the past 13 yrs .
It was suggested that the child support agency had updated the new address but my youngest child is 29 & in any case he never gave me any financial support for her whatsoever.
I have no idea where to go From here but I feel I should have a explanation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Data Protection
Els

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You need to first make a complaint to the DWP

Complaining to the DWP

If their reply is unsatisfactory then you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Have you sorted out what is going on with this form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.