× Members

PIP Letter Lost

More
4 years 10 months ago #233350 by ploppy
PIP Letter Lost was created by ploppy
My Blue badge is going to expire in the next week. I have been having a nightmare time with the DWP to send me a cope of my PIP Entitlement letter. I need A copy of my entitlement letter showing what points I scored under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component and this letter must be dated within the last 12 weeks.I also need to provide page 1 of this letter
Somehow this years letter has been mislaid and the DWP are sending me everything but what I need. They have sent me the Certificate of Entitlement, my 2016 assessment and other stuff that's no good. They keep telling me they can't change the date but I need the one that I receive early in the year every year. They told me it's generated automatically through their main system and can't send it. Surely this can't be right, if I don't get a copy I've lost my Blue Badge. The council have given me an extension for the paperwork to renew but I'm getting no where in the last 3 weeks of endless phone calls and going around in circles. Any help would be so wellcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Letter Lost
Ploppy

The points scored are only listed on the Decision Letter, so you need to send two letters for your Badge, the Decision Letter and the latest Entitlement Letter.

As for the 12-week requirement, I am surprised that your Local Authority is asking for this, they know the DWP letters cannot be reproduced, I had no problem when I re-applied and my letters were about six months old.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233384 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic PIP Letter Lost
Gordon, I am losing the will to live here. This is the reply I received from the council.
'Thank you for applying for a Blue Badge. Unfortunately I am unable to process your application because I do not have all the evidence I require. Please provide the following:-

A copy of your entitlement letter showing you receive 8 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment. This letter must be dated within the last 12 weeks. Please ensure you provide page 1 of this letter along with the page showing the points for the ‘moving around’ activity. If you do not have a current entitlement letter you can obtain one from the Department for Work and Pensions on 0345 8503322.

The PIP letter you have provided is dated 2 August 2016'.
What am I to do?
The local authority want the PIP letter we all receive at the start of each year which I cant find which they say also had my 'mobility scores'. But the DWP keep sending me out the one I received after my assessment in 2016.. The council said they want one in the last 12 weeks as my circumstances could have changed since then. What do I do?

More
4 years 10 months ago #233385 by Gordon
Ploppy

Do you have a phone number for the Blue Badge people? I think you need to ring them and tell them that the DWP cannot provide the information that they are asking for.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233388 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic PIP Letter Lost
Yes Gordon, I've rung them endlessly but they keep saying they want the letter I received between Feb and May this year, the one I can't find. I can't be the only person who has lost this letter out of perhaps 45,000 disabled badge holders. I don't even know if it has the 'scores' on it I'm assuming it must have as that's what they're asking for.
I don't know what else to do, I ring the council then the DWP, I ring the DWP, then the council and it goes on and on just with a different person each time.
I'll just have to lose my Blue Badge then and my free parking permit and the disabled parking bay I put in for. I'm to worn out, such a simple thing turned into a nightmare.
Thankyou Gorden

More
4 years 10 months ago #233389 by Gordon
ploppy

That's the point, the points are only on the Decision Letter, the Entitlement letter states the award but not the points.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: ploppy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris