× Members

PIP and ESA success after over 1 yr into my appeal

More
4 years 8 months ago #233356 by Tess
Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place as I’m not used to using forums, so please forgive me if this is not the right place.

To give some background I have been a mental health professional with the same organisation for 17 years. In May 2017 I was unfairly dismissed and subject to disability discrimination.
I took the case to employment tribunal and was successful, although still waiting for any compensation payout.

At the same time as all this was going on and I was extremely unwell due to the stress, I also had to go through appeals process for benefits.
I was awarded ESA from September 2017.
I was also under threat of losing my home due to non-payment of mortgage and was not entitled to apply for mortgage interest benefit for 39 weeks (by which time I would imagine Most mortgage providers would have started repossession proceedings)

I also put in a claim for PIP and was refused but went through the appeals process using the guides you provide on Website and attended for an appeal where as I was extremely unwell. The judge advised me to resubmit my Witness statement with more detail.
I was Given a second date for the appeal hearing on the 23rd of September 2018 16 months after I put my original claim in. On the 22nd of September 2018 I received a phone call from DWP stating they had re-examined my original evidence and decided to award me standard rate care and enhanced mobility backdated to June 2017.
With the backdated award I was able to pay off my mortgage arrears and at least now have the stability of being able to keep my home.

This was an incredibly difficult two years but thanks to benefits and work Advice I was successful in my PIP appeal Which also awarded me severe disability premium onto my ESA.
So I’d Just like Thank everyone concerned for the advice on this website as it has enabled me to keep my home and have some stability for the next couple of years anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233373 by BIS
Hi Tess

This is the right place to post! Congratulations on winning your appeal and gaining your backdated award. Great news.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tess

More
4 years 8 months ago #233376 by LESLEY
Well done you. its so stressful I have my tribunal on Friday which im so stressed about I had a short fall of one point to casrrying on receiving PIP. I have sent them untold evidence as was hoping that it may have been sorted out of court. Has anyone ever had the same problems?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tess

More
4 years 8 months ago #233467 by Tess
Hi there lesley,
Not sure if I can help but I will try based on my own experiences..’when you say “untold evidence “ I’m not quite clear on what you mean...can you explain a little further please

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.