× Members

New diagnosis

More
4 years 10 months ago #233357 by grubbie
New diagnosis was created by grubbie
Good morning
I’m due my review paperwork to arrive any day now
Since my last review 2 years ago, each time I have a review I have had a f2f assessment 3 in total. I have been in and out of hospital with sepsis jaundice and was horrified to find out 2 months ago that I have alcohol liver cirrhosis my whole liver is damaged and I will need a transplant at some stage I drank a lot when I was younger but apart from the odd binge when things have been overwhelming I have not really drank for 12 years This is on top of my existing illnesses and severe anxiety/ depression
I’m very ashamed by this diagnosis and my symptoms have all been made a lot worse My medication has been reduced because my body can not process it I did question the amount of tablets the different consultants kept dishing out . I have been advised that this falls in to some thing called blue book Please can you advise me about this
I really don’t think I can do another f2f

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233379 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New diagnosis
grubbie

I'm sorry but I do not know what the "blue book" you refer to is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233381 by Kab
Replied by Kab on topic New diagnosis
Blue book reference is used in USA not UK for benefits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, grubbie , BIS

More
4 years 10 months ago #233438 by grubbie
Replied by grubbie on topic New diagnosis
Hi Gordon
Should I make them aware of my new diagnosis or wait until my review paperwork arrives ?
I get so paranoid about most things and I worry so much about doing something wrong with regards to my claims
Thank you

More
4 years 10 months ago #233452 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New diagnosis
grubbie

I can't tell you that you do not need to contact the DWP but in reality, they are not bothered if the claimant does not inform them about a deterioration in their conditions.

If you do consider informing them then the first thing you need to do is look at whether you would reasonably score the extra points that you would need for a higher award, if you can't score these then there is no point contacting the DWP.

If you do contact them then do it in writing and send the letter using a Tracked post so that you have proof of delivery. Reporting a Change will result in a full reassessment of your claim, a new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the new Decision will supersede your current award whatever it might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: grubbie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris