× Members

Another big thank you

More
4 years 10 months ago #233358 by David C
Another big thank you was created by David C
Here is another big thank you to B&W for the excellent advice. My daughter was on standard rate PIP for daily living and mobility from 2015 until July 2018, when her benefits were stopped after a medical assessment at her home. We submitted a mandatory reconsideration request, but this just confirmed DWP's decision. We then made a 'freedom of information' request to DWP, and were able to see that their decision was entirely based on the medical assessment report, which contained significant inaccuracies and omissions. Using the excellent B&W guides, we submitted an appeal, together with a witness statement from my daughter's husband, who was present at the assessment. At the tribunal yesterday, the court found in my daughter's favour; the PIP has been reinstated from July 2018 until 2021, and her PIP has been increased to the enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility. A big relief. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233372 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another big thank you
Hi David

That is good to hear. Great news for all of you. Congratulations.

BIS

Tags: @SUCCESS @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.