× Members

Home visit

More
4 years 11 months ago #233360 by Stellio
Home visit was created by Stellio
I stated clearly in my PIP application that I would prefer a home assessment if required. This morning I received a letter telling me to attend an assessment centre on 12th July. I'm really anxious because if I'm having a bad day I'll be too ill to go. Should I phone & remind them I asked ( I told them to contact my GP & he could verify that most of the time I get phone consultations from him because I can't get out often) for a HV or just leave it & see if I can make it. Will they reschedule on the day if I'm too ill to attend? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233370 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Home visit
Hi Stephen

They will not give you a home visit based on your word, nor will they contact the GP to get verification that you might need one. All claimants are expected to obtain the letter from the GP themselves and attach it with the request. This letter needs to make clear that for you to attend an assessment centre would cause you severe mental/and or physical distress or discomfort and could have a negative impact on your health.

If you think your GP will give you such a letter, you could ring and tell them you will get this and cancel the current appointment. However, you need to be aware you can only cancel one appointment. If you cancel a second your claim will be sent back to the DWP and your case closed.

If you want to try and go to the appointment you can do so, and if you need to cancel because of illness you need to make sure you get in contact with them. You do not just want to be marked down as a no show. It will still be that you would have to attend the second appointment offered.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stellio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.