× Members

Esa Contribution based Support Group Expiring !

More
4 years 10 months ago #233386 by jodyaj
Hi
My partner had been in the support group for CB ESS for nearly two years now, he had a reassessment on paper two months ago and he had been kept in the support group.
Although his decision letter says until 25/11/19
I phoned DWP who advised that his contributions will have ran out on 25/11/19 and his claim will be a credit only claim but his support group doesn’t expire until 2020.
I might be wrong but I’ve never heard such nonsense
I was under the impression CB ESA and support group doesn’t expire.
She told me that we would have to claim new style esa and universal credit ! We won’t get either though due to the fact I work.
Has anybody else experienced this problem?
(One a side note the girl on the phone was very young and ‘ummed ’’ and ‘ahhed’ quote a lot, annoying when you waited 50 minutes for them to answer? )
Thank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233387 by Gordon
Jannej

Ignore what you have been told, it's rubbish.

The date in November is an administrative date used for the payment of the Christmas bonus, all ESA letters produced after April will have it on them.

The law says that time spent in the SG does not count towards the 365 day limit for receiving ESA(CB) so your partner's payments will continue as long as they are in the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233391 by jodyaj
Thanks very much Gordon
I did think that it would t expire as long as he was in the support group.
You have set my mind at ease on this case now, thank you

(Still trying to fight an appeal dla to pip 16 yr son of my friend who has Aspergers and adhd. Went from 10 years of dla to zero! We are persisting though, thankfully using your guides, keep up the great work!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 10 months ago #233424 by Gary
Hi Janej

Don't forget you can get help from National Autistic Society if you need more specific advice.
Autism Helpline opening hours

Autism Helpline provides confidential expert advice and support on autism for autistic people, their families and friends.

Their lines are open 10am-4pm from Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, they are open from 9am-3pm (excluding Bank Holidays). You can call them on 0808 800 4104.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris