× Members

Assessors report inaccurate!

More
4 years 11 months ago #233400 by Linda
Assessors report inaccurate! was created by Linda
I have just received my assessment report today., and it looks like she has given me no points for daily living and no points for moving around, after having been on DLA fot several years, it looks like I will be refused PIP. Do I have yo wait for the official decision before I go for MR? There are some inaccuracies regarding my medication in the report. And I will also dispute her opinion on how far I can walk without being in pain, and naking a neal ftom scratch. Can I write to the decision maker before I get the decisionletter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233401 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessors report inaccurate!
Hi Linda

There is a window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.