× Members

PIP review form and evidence given to Tribunal

More
4 years 9 months ago #233623 by CG31
My friend went was awarded standard rate on both mobility and daily living. He challenged this and went to the Tribunal, the DWP did not appear/contest the decision and additional points were awarded for daily living. Will the DWP Case manager reviewing the evidence have access to the documents sent to the Tribunal? Will he/she take these into account and look at these too?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233635 by Gordon
CG

You say that additional points were awarded but did this result in a higher award?

If it did then the DWP should put the new award into payment, this usually takes 5-8 weeks. I would advise your friend to contact them to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

If it did not result in a higher award then that is it, the DWP are not going to look at the current award again until it is reassessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #233667 by CG31
Sorry. I missed out a piece of the story.
The tribunal was in Dec 2018 and resulted in a higher award.on daily living. This came through around Feb 2019. H has now received a letter that PIP due to end in October 2018 and does he want to claim again. Guessing that this is the review but have not sent him forms. So my question will they have the Tribunal padecision and submitted evidence on file and use that too. He was advised to claim for higher mobility too at the next review.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233668 by Gordon
CG

Your friend needs to contact the PIP Claim line to make a renewal claim, it's important that they point out that it is renewal and not a new claim.

I would not expect them to include the information from the Tribunal in the documents used for the assessment so if your friend thinks that they are relevant they need to include them themselves.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234055 by CG31
My friend called DWP and went via the other option and was told that PIP had been awarded for a limited time that he needed to make a new claim I.e. Start again. He is feeling despondent and overwhelmed at the thought of doing this. The original awarded letter said they would be back in contact in January 2020. Is this the usual process that a completely new claim needs to be made? Thank you

More
4 years 9 months ago #234063 by Gordon
CG31

It's a renewal, not a new claim but the process is the same.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.