× Members

ESA Form Changes 2018 to 2019?

• rayisfun@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #233733 by rayisfun@hotmail.com
ESA Form Changes 2018 to 2019? was created by rayisfun@hotmail.com
I had an ESA review at the beginning of 2018. I used the Benefits and Work ESA Guide to help fill in the ESA50 at the time. It was very helpful and my review was successful so I'm very grateful for that help.

A year later, I now have another ESA review and wondered if anything significant has changed in the ESA50 form since 2018 or if any of the criteria for the mental health section has changed? I looked at the latest ESA50 form and didn't notice any differences. The latest B&W ESA guide seems the same apart from the wording of the recorded interview request letter. Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233735 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Form Changes 2018 to 2019?
Hi Spectralis

ESA can be reviewed after a year, two years or three years. (You will hear some members they have not been reviewed for longer than that, but 1,2 and 3 years are the official times given. So no you are not missing something, you are just a claimant who has been reviewed after a year.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• rayisfun@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #233813 by rayisfun@hotmail.com
Replied by rayisfun@hotmail.com on topic ESA Form Changes 2018 to 2019?
Thanks for your reply but it doesn't really answer my questions which are:,

1) Has the ESA50 form changed in any way since 2018?

2) Has the advice in the Benefits and Work ESA Guide changed since 2018?

I've looked at the ESA50 form and it appears the same. The B&W ESA Guide appears to have the same advice. I'm asking because it's been a year since I filled in the ESA50 form and I want to be sure that there have been no changes or other surprises due to changes in legislation or DWP rules. I don't trust the DWP nor the government because they have changed the benefit criteria and rules frequently. Thanks in advance for any advice.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233818 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Form Changes 2018 to 2019?
Hi Spectrails

1. The government form is dated May 2018 - so no changes after that date.
2. The B&W guides are dated Feb 2019 - so yes they have been updated because of universal credit.

All you can do is answer each question following the guide advice.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris