× Members

ESA50 reassessment - but have progressive conditio

More
4 years 11 months ago #233968 by Ness46
Good morning

I was awarded contribution based ESA in March of 2018 and put in support group. I have just received a ESA50 form to complete.

I have Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis which is a life long condition and progressive.

I came across a House of Commons briefing paper from September 2017 where it states that claimants with life long progressive conditions will not be reassessed - Progressive MS is one of the conditions mention. I rang DWP and they have told me to complete it anyway and send it off.

My question is "Am I correct in saying I should not be reassessed? and what are my rights?"

Many thanks
Ness46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234021 by Gordon
Ness

It is possible that you will be exempted from further assessment but this can only happen after a further WCA is done so you must engage in this reassessment or you risk your ESA claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ness46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.