× Members

UC & the severe disability premium

More
4 years 11 months ago #233980 by layla
UC & the severe disability premium was created by layla
Hi, I just wanted to ask for some info regarding the SDP and if there has been any recent adjustments to the rules of this premium if that's ok?

I am in receipt of PIP, and I am also receiving universal credit. My last payment of the severe disability payment was just after the 16th of Jan, and then I received my first payment of UC. I was transferred over due to a change of circumstances. My partner has now moved out and I am single parent, and I am still receiving PIP, high rate care, low mobility. Would I be able to apply for the SDP? I know that's not part of the UC regime but I just wanted to double check if any rules have been changed? or rather hoped lol Thanks, Layla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC & the severe disability premium
Layla

I'm sorry but if you are UC then the SD Premium is not payable, it is not part of the UC benefit.

If you were receiving the Premium immediately before you claimed UC then you may be entitled to a Transitional Payment but the legislation to enable this has been withdrawn without even being debated in the House of Commons and there is no planned date for it to be resubmitted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

More
4 years 11 months ago #234054 by layla
Replied by layla on topic UC & the severe disability premium
Hi Gordon,

aahh... the tory regime just keeps shooting any possible positives down in flames, but thanks for the info I didn't know about the transitional payment, I was in receipt of the SD premium right before being put on the UC so ill keep my eye out for any updates on this but I won't hold my breath lol
Thanks again :) :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.