× Members

PIP Envelope Size

More
4 years 9 months ago #233984 by MariW
PIP Envelope Size was created by MariW
Hi Gordon,

There is no way that my PIP2 will fit into the envelope supplied by the DWP. The same was true when I transferred to ESA but I just stuck the DWP envelope onto a larger one. Things seem different now. The PIP claimant is asked to pop the completed form in the envelope provided so that the barcode and DWP address show through the window of the envelope.

I’ve scanned the barcoded address from the PIP2 form onto a large envelope label which I propose to use when I dispatch everything. Is this still permitted? I cannot see any other means of getting my claim to Wolverhampton.

Is this OK? Any other ideas?

MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233987 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Envelope Size
Hi MariW

I moved your post onto a separate post just so you get the right up-to-date-answer.

The DWP will still have no option to accept your post. A lot of people have had to do similar things - (I certainly did). I would make sure that you track your parcel so you know that it has arrived and been accepted.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
4 years 9 months ago #234000 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic PIP Envelope Size
My partner’s PIP form was epic and didn’t fit happily into the provided envelope. I also noticed the postage paid was second class which made me concerned that it would get there on time. I used an envelope with a cardboard back to make it more secure and simply wrote the address on. I sent it next day, signed for and tracked. It was received and signed for at 5.30 am by someone at the Wolverhampton office.

Don’t fret about these details. Just get it in the post and then forget about it for a while. Enjoy some sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.