× Members

Fit note

More
4 years 9 months ago #234024 by weirdsciencex
Fit note was created by weirdsciencex
I went to see my doctor today for a fit note (while awaiting ESA appeal)

Initially he didn't want to give me one as the DWP had sent him a letter saying no fit notes were needed as I didn't have limited capacity for work.

I managed to get a fit note from today but I need one from the 9th June, I'm not sure what to do now

Any advice would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fit note

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weirdsciencex

More
4 years 9 months ago #234123 by weirdsciencex
Replied by weirdsciencex on topic Fit note
I have had some time to read all the articles you have provided, thanks

I still need advice how to proceed with this though

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #234128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fit note
weirdsciencex

There's not really much to say, your GP can issue a new Fit Note if they believe you are not Fit for Work. This is a medical decision, not a benefits one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234166 by weirdsciencex
Replied by weirdsciencex on topic Fit note
I actually emailed my Doctor the articles and he phoned me this morning and is sending me out a fit note to cover the whole period.

It was the misleading letter that he received from the DWP which confused him which is why I asked for advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.