× Members

PIP Pensioner light-touch reviews

More
4 years 9 months ago #234095 by phrank
PIP Pensioner light-touch reviews was created by phrank
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has any advice.

On my current PIP award it says my award is until the 20th of June 2021.

I will be 65 in February 2021 and therefore do I fall into the 'light touch' category?

Now I know they can contact you one year before the award end date (in which case I will be 64) but given the fact that it does say award is until 20th of June 2021 will they have to honour this or not?

I'm not expecting positive response re this query but just wondered if it if was worth a phone call the helpline to find out.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Pensioner light-touch reviews
phrank

As you have a Fixed Term award I would expect your claim to be reassessed sometime after June 2020, at the moment the DWP are starting the process for most claimants around six months before the award ends but they have previously started it 12 months in advance.

I would expect any new award to be an On-Going one with a Light Touch review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234107 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP Pensioner light-touch reviews
Thanks Gordon,

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see. Was hoping they might not send for me again after my horrific experience last year from which I've still not completely recovered.

Once again, thanks.

I think my GP letter got my MR accepted last year so hopefully an updated version might just force a paper based review as nothing has really changed.

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.