× Members

How to get evidence you need help managing both ic

More
4 years 9 months ago #234097 by Beepbeep
Pip I requested a copy of the assessors report, I was awarded 9 points for living, I only received 2 points for toileting, saying I claim I need assistance to manage bowel and bladder incontance, yet the assessor believes I can manage both incontance with the use of aids, therefore I only got 2 points for this,
I have contacted gp, incontance nurse, physio to ask for a letter to say I require help to manage both bowel and bladder incontance, as after last spinal surgery, I can no longer bend twist and reach to clean my self and wash below waist and get pads properly into place,
I only got 2 points on meal prep, even though I’m in crutches, and can barely sit any length of time at the table to meal prep never mind being able to lift and carry stuff while using my hands on my crutches

Each one I contacted says they don’t provide letters, that if pip wants more info they send them a questionnaire, I explained pip is not like dla, therefore they don’t send out questionnaire
They won’t listen and refuse to give letter

How do you get evidence to back your self up if the professionals won’t give evidence
I need to ask for mandatory reconsideration but is there any point if I can’t get any evidence

Any advice is most welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234105 by Gordon
Beepbeep

Did you explicitly explain why you cannot use aids to help you with Preparing Food and Managing Toilet Needs?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234135 by Beepbeep
Yes in the questionnaire and face to face I explained after surgery I no longer can feel my bowels bladder or genitalia, i told them I was given a aid to help wipe my self but can’t use it as in the hospital I cut my self several times as I couldn’t feel it. I also told them how I either have accidents of both bowel and bladder (as I’ve no feeling of needing to go so take stimulants) and needing help to clean wash and redress lower half as can’t bend or twist, and if I don’t poop my self then my husband has to manually remove bowel matter as I’m not able to push. I told them I’m starting to not be able to empty my whole bladder and getting constantly ultrasounds done of my bladder to monitor it and the nurse is going to train my husband to put in a catheter when I’m not able to pee as im not able to bend to do it my self . I vary from peeing my self to not being able to pee

They have disregarded it all the the face to face interviewer has said because there’s nothing wrong with my upper limbs I should be able to dress lower half and toilet my self

I’ve begged all professionals and they all say the same thing they won’t write a letter but will fill out a questionnaire if dwp sends them one

More
4 years 9 months ago #234182 by Gordon
Beepbeep

Have you actually had a Decision yet or have you just had the report?

If a Decision has been made then the DWP is not going to source any further information, would this make any difference to your professionals?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234215 by Beepbeep
Thank you for your replies. Yes I have gotten a decision standard living and high mobility

Maybe I should just leave it incase they reconsider and take all away

It’s just so hard to get proper evidence when all reports and such are so veague, and when professionals refuse to give letters,
I have one report from surgeon saying how I have no more leg pain and I may never fully recover due to the large and lengthly disc compression on my Cauda equina

Yet it dosnt state that I have both bowel and urine incontance , back and hip pain, and legs going out from under me
So I’ve been told not to send it in as dwp would focus on the no more leg pain

More
4 years 9 months ago #234240 by Gordon
Beepbeep

It's your decision whether to proceed or not.

You say you have none points, scoring higher for Toileting will only give you two of three points you need for an Enhanced award and there is only one Descriptor that will give you the additional point so you may need to score two points more for one of the activities that you have already scored against or to score against one that you have not.

Can you reasonably see how you can do this?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.