× Members

Question about PIP form

More
4 years 9 months ago #234136 by James
Question about PIP form was created by James
Hi. I have been asked to transfer from DLA to PIP. I did the phone call, and now trying to fill in the form.

I am a little unsure about something. My wife and I live in a first floor flat. I suffer with severe Arthritis and use a stairlift to get up and down the stairs.

My question is, do I tell them on the PIP form that I have a stairlift, or will they class that as an AID and knock points off for iit?
Thanks
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234140 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Question about PIP form
Hi James

We cannot tell you what you should put in your form, but if you have severe arthritis, you are likely to be asked at assessment how you navigate stairs whether you mention a stairlift or not. The reason they are likely to ask is that arthritis inhibits mobility and if it is in your hands - your manual dexterity. Navigating stairs shows the use of both.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234233 by James
Replied by James on topic Question about PIP form
Thanks Bis for your reply. I may just leave it out for now, and wait until the assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.