× Members

Face to face assessment

More
4 years 8 months ago #234137 by mandyh
Face to face assessment was created by mandyh
hi guys I filled my husbands form in and got the evidence , now at the face to face am I allowed to answer questions as my husband is that dosed up on medication and can get anxious he would get confused in what he is saying also is it right I can aske the assessor what they have written in case they have written down wrongly what I have said

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #234141 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Face to face assessment
Hi Mandyh

First and foremost the assessor will want to hear from the claimant (your husband). It is up to the assessor whether they will allow you to speak.

Some will allow a limited amount and others will hardly allow any at all. If you try to do all the talking the assessor could cancel the assessment and say that your husband refused to engage in the process, thus jeopardizing the claim.

You can ask at the beginning if you are allowed to speak so you establish what will be allowed.

You can ask the assessor what they have written, but they may not tell you, as they have the assessment to carry out and limited time. They also can't argue with you over any point you may disagree with.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #234177 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic Face to face assessment
my husband gets confused and if the assessor is writing something completely wrong surely your aloud to say that is not what he said or I said

More
4 years 8 months ago #234178 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic Face to face assessment
it also quotes in the pip handbook I received ,
please tell the health professional if you'd like to see what they're writing in their report . sometimes it may be easier if they describe what's being written

More
4 years 8 months ago #234179 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Face to face assessment
Hi Mandyh

Hopefully, if you ask to see what they write they will be willing to show you, or they will read it back to you, but some I know have not been willing to do because they complete the report after the assessment. Just be aware. Hopefully, you will get an assessor who does so willingly.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandyh

More
4 years 8 months ago #234204 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Face to face assessment
I’ve just had my PIP face to face at home and asked if she could show me what she has written and she point blank refused stating that my report will be sent over to DWP along with the original documents she took with her from my medical records today and that I can request a copy from them. She was unable or unwilling to give me any indication of what her recommendation to DWP was going to be either. Wishing you lots of luck Sarah x
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandyh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.