× Members

PIP light touch reviews higher levels only

More
4 years 9 months ago #234139 by Daff
I just read the newsletter about the light touch reviews for pensioners and wondered if its for all claimants on pension. I was reading online that it’s only for claimants on the higher rates where their condition in unlikely to improve or will worsen. In which case it’s not for all pensioners

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #234142 by BIS
Hi Daff

The government press release said this applied to all pensioners. It did not say it was only those on the higher level. Just because someone is awarded standard rate it doesn't mean their condition is going to change.

www.gov.uk/government/news/thousands-of-...-assessment-overhaul

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daff

More
4 years 9 months ago #234156 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic PIP light touch reviews higher levels only
I think you could be right. Although I did not see the press release and not a pensioner yet for 3 more years. I've just been awarded enhanced for both daily living and mobility with no review for 10 years stating my condition is unlikely to change.. That will take me to 73 years of age..

More
4 years 9 months ago #234174 by bellaboo
Replied by bellaboo on topic PIP light touch reviews higher levels only
My post has disappeared?

More
4 years 9 months ago #234176 by BIS
Hi Bellaboo -

I moved your post to a separate one.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum1/10-dla-...s-higher-levels-only

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #234617 by Daff
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.