× Members

Capita PIP Home Visit - Assessor did not arrive

More
4 years 8 months ago #235427 by jennycollins10
Capita PIP Home Visit - Assessor did not arrive was created by jennycollins10
Assessor was due at 9.15am today for my DLA to PIP assessment but didn't turn up. I rang Capita at 10.15am they say assessor phoned their office at 10 to 10 and said they were driving up and down a country road but couldn't find our bungalow. We live directly on the main A15 not a minor country road. The Assessor also claimed to have rung us but got no answer, neither the landline or mobile phone has rung. Capita say assessment will definitely not happen today now and someone will contact me to reschedule within the next week.

As we do have a call screening service I have double checked and taken a photo of the calls blocked log. Only 2 calls received this morning one from a Manchester number (which I know is dodgy) and the other from a Carmarthen number. I think it highly unlikely that either of these could have been the Assessor who presumably would have called from a Mobile Number or at least from somewhere nearby we are in Lincolnshire.

I know Capita have form on not turning up for appointments - is there anything else I should do? Should I also write or e-mail Capita to let them know about dates/times I cannot make in the next few weeks (I am due to have several hospital appointments and an operation) and these dates have arisen since I submitted my claim pack or should I wait to hear from them first.

As always any advice very welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235432 by BIS
Hi Jennywren

Sorry this happened to you. In time you might want to put in a complaint, but for now I would contact Capita and tell them about the dates you can't make and then I would follow that up in writing - one letter to Capita and the other to the DWP stating the dates you can't make and the fact you are sending this information after they failed to show up today.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jennycollins10

More
4 years 8 months ago #236025 by jennycollins10
Replied by jennycollins10 on topic Capita PIP Home Visit - Assessor did not arrive
Hi
Rescheduled home appointment for 8am today, and again assessor has not turned up. Rang Capita at 8.40am they said call was still active till 9.30am they tried to ring assessor twice while I was holding but couldn't get hold of them. Told to ring back after 9.30am if they still didn't arrive. Asked for details of my property and told them I e-mailed detailed directions and a photo of my home after last failed appt. They checked and said yes could see this attached to my file.
Rang back at about 10.10am This time I was initially told the appt had been cancelled, then it was still active but they had no new information since my last call. I was then asked again about description and directions to my property. Explained again these had already been supplied.
Finally told to ring them again in 2 days time, said I couldn't because as I had already told them I would be in hospital having an operation. Then said well better try tomorrow but system was unlikely to have been updated by then.
What do I do now more advice welcome?

More
4 years 8 months ago #236026 by BIS
Hi Jennywren

I am so sorry. This is awful. I would get onto the DWP today and tell them what has happened. Explain that you are now going into hospital. Ask them whether they would consider doing a paper-based review as the stress is too much - especially after sending them photos of your home. It doesn't even sound as if the assessor was lost as they had not heard from them. I'm not saying they will give you a paper-based review (and you might not want one) - but it's worth asking after you have been mucked around like this. Obviously, any conversations you hold with Capita or the DWP keep a record of them. I always send a copy for my records at their end. I'm not trusting of their record-keeping!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236027 by jennycollins10
Replied by jennycollins10 on topic Capita PIP Home Visit - Assessor did not arrive
Thanks so much BIS. I think I will ask for a paper based review I didn't realise this might be an option. I did a very detailed claim following the B & W Guide - all told I submitted over 200 pages detailing how my 25 medical conditions affect me every single day, including more than 27 items of medical evidence (copy letters from hospital consultants etc).

The extra stress of getting the claim done and since the last failed appointment has caused me to have multiple blackouts including several on two days I was at outpatient appointments and the crash team had to be summoned. This is also why I am now having to be admitted for my op under general anaesthetic instead of having it done under local so a more senior medical team are on hand if needed.

I have been in floods of tears all morning and as if all this is not enough now the envelope for my husbands PIP renewal claim has just dropped through the letterbox.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236029 by BIS
Hi Jennywren

I'm not saying that they will agree, but a small number of paper-based reviews are carried out and I think after they have not turned up twice and with you going into hospital that would be a fair decision for them to make. Now we know they don't always do the right thing, but we can live in hope.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.