× Members

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA

More
4 years 7 months ago #235518 by Exhausted
MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA was created by Exhausted
Hello everybody ,I just wanted to share with you all my ‘recent’ experience with the ESA Work Capability Assessment in the hope that it might help someone else.
It has taken THREE YEARS from getting my ESA50 form to getting a result ! THREE YEARS !
I have been in the Support Group for years now. Anyway, my ESA 5O arrived on the door mat
three years ago.
I duly filled it in with a great deal of help from my wife and we used the excellent guides available with this group .We very carefully matched all my illnesses and problems with mobility to all the descriptors. It was literally painstaking .We ended up with around 50 pages of evidence including hospital reports .
I also asked my GP for a letter of support which she supplied .She did tell us that they are now told not to supply such letters but she did it anyway because i have known her for over 20 years as a patient.She also provided a letter asking DWP and Maximus to carry out my examination at home.After a few weeks i got a letter saying that I could not have a home assessment .Well, no way was I leaving it at that because most of the time I am unable to leave the house.My GP then sent a more detailed letter requesting a home assessment saying that no way was i able to travel to and sit in a waiting room .That did the trick ! I was granted a home visit. ! Round one to us . So the wait began....
We heard NOTHING for THREE YEARS .They said they were trying to find a HCP qualified to do my assessment.Three years of horrible ,unbearable stress and worry .It was miserable.
So now three years down the line ,month before last an assessor arrived at my home.He did not ask me to do anything other than conform that everything on my forms still stood as true.
He stayed for about half an hour .He told us not to worry about a thing. He was kind and considerate.
Fast forward about 19 days and i had my result .FINALLY . I am to remain in the support group and will only be reassessed if anything changes ( i know they can change their minds and reassess me at anytime) The relief ! All this stress over three long years has made me so much more ill.
I hope this timeline helps somebody .Just to repeat then...three years from sending ESA50 to a result.
Good luck everybody .Stay well.Don’t give up ! It is always worth asking your GP for help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk, ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235519 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Hi Exhausted

Three years must be something of a record! Truly appalling, but worth it if you had the right assessor. Hopefully, you won't be assessed again. Congratulations.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exhausted

More
4 years 7 months ago #235664 by Exhausted
Replied by Exhausted on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Hi again, just wondered if you could help clarify something. Please? My award letter puts me in the Support Group and at the bottom it says “We will not ask you to go for another assessment unless there is a change in your health condition”
Does this mean i am one of the lucky few who will never be reassessed then and that i have satisfied the conditions for that ?
I suppose the only way that they would know of a change in my condition is if i reported one.
I am not going to get better .I take it they have accepted that.
I am reluctant to ring and ask.I just want it to be over now you see.
Thanks.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235668 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Exhausted

Yes, if your Decision Letter says this then the DWP are excusing you from further assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #235670 by Exhausted
Thank you Gordon .What a relief ! I must say that the guides on this website were very important to me in filling the forms in so i would advise anyone to use them. I guess i can now try to get on with my life as best i can . There will be far less stress for sure. Thank you so much for the help and i wish you all well. Never give up hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 7 months ago #235812 by Exhausted
Hi again.I just thought of a worrying question. When i am forced to migrate to Universal Credit will my recent assessment result still stand? ( as described above) i.e will i still be in the Support Group and still excused from further wca once forced onto UC ?
Surely i won’t have to start from scratch ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.