Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA 1 year 1 month ago #235839

Exhausted

Your existing award will be migrated into UC, we're not sure how this will happen yet as currently it is done manually and takes a couple of weeks sothis won't be viable for 2m claimants.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exhausted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA 1 year 1 month ago #235842

Thanks again. I had visions of them saying i would have to be reassessed after all when migrated to Universal Credit.Whew ! I can rest easy then .All the best.

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA 1 year 4 weeks ago #236366

Hi again, i will tag this question onto here if that is ok?
When you are ‘invited’ to apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT how long do you have to complete the forms ? I am currently on ESA (transferred from IB years ago) Just wondered .Thanks

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA 1 year 4 weeks ago #236383

Hi Exhausted

Do you live in the Harrogate area? Reason for my asking is that most people on ESA will be worse off on UC especially if they receive a SDP. Those who are moved by managed migration and get their paperwork in on time should get transitional protection so they're not left financially worse off by moving onto Universal Credit.

I have had a quick check but have not found an exact date to apply for UC but I did come across managed migration legislation www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111178317 for a bit of light reading.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS