× Members

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA

More
4 years 8 months ago #235839 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Exhausted

Your existing award will be migrated into UC, we're not sure how this will happen yet as currently it is done manually and takes a couple of weeks sothis won't be viable for 2m claimants.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exhausted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235842 by Exhausted
Replied by Exhausted on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Thanks again. I had visions of them saying i would have to be reassessed after all when migrated to Universal Credit.Whew ! I can rest easy then .All the best.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236366 by Exhausted
Replied by Exhausted on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Hi again, i will tag this question onto here if that is ok?
When you are ‘invited’ to apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT how long do you have to complete the forms ? I am currently on ESA (transferred from IB years ago) Just wondered .Thanks

More
4 years 8 months ago #236383 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MY RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH ESA WCA
Hi Exhausted

Do you live in the Harrogate area? Reason for my asking is that most people on ESA will be worse off on UC especially if they receive a SDP. Those who are moved by managed migration and get their paperwork in on time should get transitional protection so they're not left financially worse off by moving onto Universal Credit.

I have had a quick check but have not found an exact date to apply for UC but I did come across managed migration legislation www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111178317 for a bit of light reading.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.