× Members

fit note from docs

More
4 years 7 months ago #235762 by tony
fit note from docs was created by tony
hi new to this site so please bare with me.i have stage 4 copd I suffer with severe breathless; low mood constant feeling of fatigue I get panic attacks.also suffer coughing fits and I pass out.went to docs got fit note for one month but seems reluctant to issue more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235780 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic fit note from docs
Tony

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The issuing of a Fit Note is a medical decision by the GP, have you asked your GP why they are unwilling to issue one?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

More
4 years 7 months ago #235927 by tony
Replied by tony on topic fit note from docs
hi thanks for replying. I think the docs reluctant because there told by the government to keep us in work. Have told doc that I am unable to do my job, but he just says its better for your copd to stay in work so maybe you should change career. I understand that's what there supposed to spout out for stage 1-3 copd but I have stage 4 it doesn't get any worse than that

More
4 years 7 months ago #235939 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic fit note from docs
Tony

It's difficult for us to offer any additional advice, you can't require the GP to issue a Fit Note,

Are you off sick from work at the moment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #235959 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic fit note from docs
Hi Tony

End-stage, or stage 4, COPD is the final stage of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Most people reach it after years of living with the disease and the lung damage it causes, tell me if I am wrong but I would assume that you are under a consultant to be diagnosed with stage 4 COPD, in which case consult with your consultant.
I am not sure what you are asking from this forum, as Gordon has said are you off work due to ill health? have you claimed SSP or CB ESA?

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: tony

More
4 years 7 months ago #236053 by tony
Replied by tony on topic fit note from docs
hi I am currently off work and getting ssp.at the moment I get pip.i got 12points for mobility,so I get the car,but only got 7 points for the carers bit.this is due for re assessment next august.my condition has got worse since the first claim and I am hoping to get the carers allowance on my next claim..is there anybody on this site with copd who can offer any advice for claiming pip and esa

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.