× Members

Esa reassessment exemption

More
4 years 8 months ago #235884 by cw
Esa reassessment exemption was created by cw
Hi can you be exempt from esa reassessments if you have severe mental illness that hasn't improved over a 25 year period and medication doesnt have a big impact on. Also when sending esa50 back do you have to use provided envelope or is any ok. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235886 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Esa reassessment exemption
Hi Lilliegez

Unfortunately, you do not have an automatic right not to be reassessed for ESA. You need to complete the form and then it is for Maximus to decide whether you will have a face to face assessment.

You can use another envelope if you need to.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #235887 by Maxit
Replied by Maxit on topic Esa reassessment exemption
Liliegaz,

You can be made exempt from ESA assessment on mental health grounds, someone I speak to at a support I go to with a relative claims solely on mental health issues and they have received a letter, awarded SG saying they won't need to be reassessed again unless their condition changes or words to that effect.

Also I always send lots of addition evidence with claims and never use the provided envelope.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235888 by Maxit
Replied by Maxit on topic Esa reassessment exemption
to clarify from my last post they were sent a ESA50 and assessed but paper based, I don't know when they last had a F2F.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.