× Members

PIP awarded!!

More
4 years 7 months ago #235915 by big girl
PIP awarded!! was created by big girl
Thankfully my sister has been awarded enhanced rate at 13 points.I am so grateful for the advice notes guidance Notes they are so helpful.! We had a home assessment lasting 1-1/2 hours. My sister was not awarded some points that I think she should have i.e. Complex information understanding of , she was not awarded any mobility previously she was on the lower rate. When asked what she would do if she was in an unfamiliar area alone which she never is (she will not do it and becomes very anxious) she replied as bright as a button oh I would just ring someone . I think this is a get out for dap because if she hadn't said this she would probably been awarded the 4 point which combined with the 4 points already awarded would have meant the lower award. I am concerned about the records being accurate is it worth challenging the care elements which have certainly been overlooked
The award has been given until she is pensionable age . Is it worth the hassle , for the record? I do think that being on home ground was a disadvantage for her as she was very chilled out and I think gave some giddy answers! Many thanks for all your assistance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP awarded!!
big girl

Congratulations on the award and well done.

Do you/she want to understand how the Decision was made? If you do then contact the DWP office dealing with her claim for a copy of the assessment report.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #235923 by big girl
Replied by big girl on topic PIP awarded!!
Thank you I am so relieved the decision maker has sent a clear account of reasons for mot giving the mobility but looking at the points awarded she was only given two for preparing meals when she is a R hemiplegia additionally she has big problems with time and space so is a fire risk with microwaves she wasn't awarded anything for making budget decisions when she can't manage money at all nor can she understand complex information. The problem is that she presents as pleasant and competent when she isn't at all and it's only my word against everyone else. I do not want to rock the boat and we'll leave things as they are. It just annoys me when it is factually incorrect! Many thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.