× Members

Child DLA end date

More
4 years 7 months ago #235969 by superstottie
Child DLA end date was created by superstottie
Just had the review of my childs dla, child is 14½ born April 2005. The end date for the award is April 2022, the day before they are 17, not 16. Has the age changed with the dla ending for children later, or have they made a mistake? I have had so much stress with this renewal as they are also changing me from dla to pip, I don't want to have extra stress if its right, but don't want them suddenly realising their mistake and saying we owe them money or a gap in claims etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235972 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Child DLA end date
Hi Superstottie

The age has not changed as shown on the government site and I suspect it just has not been thought through.

www.gov.uk/disability-living-allowance-children/how-to-claim

When they are 16 - your child should move to PIP. Now payments might just cease automatically (as I know it did for someone else recently) - but if you can bear it, I would ring the DWP and get confirmation. It might be better than suddenly getting a nasty surprise.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #235975 by superstottie
Replied by superstottie on topic Child DLA end date
Thank you. Think I am going to have to ring them anyway, as on rereading the letter, it says that the award for care is based on needing assistance with bodily functions during the day. What are classed as bodily functions? I ticked no for needing help using the toilet etc, which is what I would assume are bodily functions? Just worry that they will look at it again and decide we're not entitled!

More
4 years 7 months ago #235977 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Child DLA end date
Hi Superstottie

Help with bodily functions includes things like breathing, hearing, seeing, eating, drinking, washing, dressing/undressing, bathing, toileting and taking medication. It could be one or all of those things. They won't be re-looking at your child's award just because you are querying the end date.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: superstottie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.