× Members

Forms for medical practioner

More
4 years 8 months ago #235980 by IanT
Forms for medical practioner was created by IanT
My girlfriend has recently been awarded PIP at standard levels for both Daily Living and Mobility but there are obvious issues with the assessment, such as the assessor stating she is able to walk 20-50 metres and has good use of her legs despite the fact that she uses a powered wheelchair as both her knees need replacing (besides the high pain levels caused by her FMS) and the assessor did not at any point see her walk, when she has stated she can walk no more than 10-20ft and this in continual pain and at risk of falling.

I have a memory of seeing some 1 page forms for your GP to fill out (as opposed to a full report) probably on this site but can't recall where.

Can somone point me in the right direction please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235982 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Forms for medical practioner
Hi IanT

You can find them under the PIP guides - it is called PIP GP notes

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #235999 by IanT
Replied by IanT on topic Forms for medical practioner
Thank BIS, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Having reread the award letter it really seems as if the HP is talking about another person, there's no mention at all of her 20yr diagnosis for Fybromyalgia, pain levels (apart to state she wasn't in pain!), effects of medication on her mental abilities etc. They appear to have totally disregarded anything that was said to them about her history of depression and poor memory and how this affects her ability to manage her treatment or the huge risk of further suicude attempts if she were to have access to her medications.

Looks like we're going to be busy on Monday trying to get some appointments with her GP and other healthcare professionals.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.