× Members

Managing therapy

More
4 years 7 months ago #236000 by Sarahjohn
Managing therapy was created by Sarahjohn
Hello

Has the law changed on managing therapy for diabetes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236001 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Managing therapy
Hi Sarah

I am not sure what you mean by saying has the 'law' changed. If you are talking about PIP - the managing therapy question is all about prescribed therapy which claimants undertake in their own home - this is not about medication - that is a separate question. So if you are prescribed some type of therapy to do with your diabetes that is the only time it would come under managing therapy.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236002 by Sarahjohn
Replied by Sarahjohn on topic Managing therapy
Hello

I’ve seen online that managing a therapy will include medications for diabetics

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #236003 by BIS
Hi Sarah

I don't know whether you were referring to this change - which was in part brought by someone who had type 1 diabetes. As you will see the law still remains unclear.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3775-dwp-...ll-get-back-payments

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosemary Clayson

More
4 years 7 months ago #236012 by Sarahjohn
Replied by Sarahjohn on topic Managing therapy
Hello
Yes this is the law change which I was talking about
Do you know when this will start on pip existing claims
Thank you

More
4 years 7 months ago #236014 by BIS
Hi Sarah

No - I have no idea because as it says in the article the DWP has not conceded that anything needs to be changed. If you had a claim before 16 March 2017 then the DWP should contact you if this would apply to you. I certainly know of people who have had their claims re-looked at. As far as the managing treatments are concerned it's not the diabetes that is relevant - it is the need for the supervision - so, in reality, people with any number of conditions may be able to argue the case.

BIS

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.