× Members

Does anyone have any suggestions???

More
4 years 8 months ago #236006 by seasicksteve68
Does anyone have any suggestions??? was created by seasicksteve68
Hi, I have recently been helped with the dreaded esa50 and my carer posted it recorded signed for delivery on 12/8/19. The deadline was for 16/8/19. At close of business on 16/8/19 the tracking facility has not changed and we can only assume it has yet to be delivered. I am totally stressing out about this, and do not know who I should contact. Would anyone have any experience with recorded delivery failures, and who to contact. Obviously there isn't a phone number provided for the mail having centre,,,,,,,,,, that would be boring on rational and civilised!!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

seasicksteve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236010 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Does anyone have any suggestions???
Hi Seasick

First check Royal Mail track and trace web site www.royalmail.com/business/track-your-item#/ if it is not listed contact ESA enquiry line 0800 169 0310 to see if they have received it and at the same time to inform them that you have sent in the document by recorded delivery.

Did you keep a copy? if you did then you may have to send DWP a copy of the copy, if you do mark each page as copy.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: seasicksteve68

More
4 years 8 months ago #236067 by Magpie
Replied by Magpie on topic Does anyone have any suggestions???
Hi seasicksteve68

Currently there are delays with Royal Mail deliveries ( check Royal Mail Service Updates) you will the see the areas affected - including Wolverhampton where alot of DWP Claim forms go.

As of Thursday 16th August 2019 - Royal Mail were trying to deal with the backlog of Special Delivery and Recorded Delivery, which they are giving priority.

I have had a Special Delivery PIP Claim form delayed in the post but received by DWP today 19/08/19 and DWP are aware there are delays.

Once the tracking comes through with a delivery date call the ESA number on the letter that came with the form and advise them you sent the item Recorded Signed For, the date you sent the form and the date the tracking indicates received. Ensure you make a note of the date, time and person you spoke to, Ask them to put a note on your file about Royal Mail delay and provide them with the tracking number.

I did this today with my PIP delayed claim form. They are aware there delay issues with delivery in their area and you should be fine - as I received a text earlier today confirming they received the form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seasicksteve68

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.