× Members

ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!!

More
4 years 8 months ago #236032 by SUE C C
ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!! was created by SUE C C
Hello I'm a 1 day newbie to B&W. I've subscribed and have been checking out your ESA guide. It's been a while since my first ESA 2013 but I've never had PIP so I'm in transition from DLA from 1999. Is it usual to have the two assessments come together, or is it just my bad luck? I was wondering if I could get an extension on either of them, ESA due 9 September & PIP, initial letter/declaration due 4 September? Apparently PIP is done in 2 stages but because I'm not great on the telephone they have agreed to send me a paper application to say I want to now claim PIP. Has anyone else had this experience, or am I on my own, not?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236042 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!!
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately, a lot of people receive the two assessments - ESA and PIP at a similar time, but it is just co-incidence. ESA normally gets reviewed every three years - you've been lucky if you haven't had a review since 2013. The DLA to PIP migration is done randomly - so you are just unlucky.

You can get a two week extension for PIP. All you have to do is ring up and ask. The extension will be granted. Make sure that when you fill in your form that you tell them if you have any dates that you can't make for an assessment. (holidays/hospital appointments etc).

You can read more about PIP from our guide.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

ESA do not normally allow any extension. We have heard of a couple of people getting special circumstances but it is not normally allowed and you should not count on it.

You are not alone in asking for a paper form to start the process - though some people use someone else to do that first call which is allowed as long as you are there to give permission and say 'yes' when they read you a couple of things.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

More
4 years 7 months ago #236997 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!!
Hello Bis

Thanks for your reply. I'm struggling navigating the Forum so had no idea someone had replied. I suppose there is a simpler way but not figured it out yet.

My completed ESA questionnaire arrived yesterday back at NOTTINGHAM, Centre For Health & Disability Assessments. So now I'm just fretting over the whole DLA to PIP transition. My PIP part one, all 28 pages of it, arrived on 21 August and it's got to be back in Wolverhampton by 13 September 2019, so just enough time to post it back before going away for 2 weeks.

Speaking of PIP Bis, can you not complete an online application form like I did with my ESA? I've not found a PDF interactive one which would be so much easier for me to manage, not quite as physical and long winded as a hand written one. Again, thanks for taking the time Bis, much appreciated.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237001 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!!
Sue

I'm afraid there is no other way currently to know that someone has replied other than looking but the Mods do reply to all posts in the next session that they are online.

There is no electronic version of the PIP2 in the public domain but you can request one by writing to

Alternate Format Team A108
Warbreck House
Warbreck Hill
Blackpool FY2 0ZE

or via email - dcpualternative.formatteam@dwp. gov.uk

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

More
4 years 7 months ago #237009 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic ESA & PIP ARRIVED TOGETHER!!!
Hi again Gordon

I've pinged them an email so watch this space

Sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.