× Members

Profoundly deaf and PIP form

More
4 years 7 months ago #236033 by milly67
Profoundly deaf and PIP form was created by milly67
Hi there.
I've got the dreaded PIP form, been looking on here for help filling it in. I've searched for deaf and PIP but can't find any threads on here to give me some guidance.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236044 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Profoundly deaf and PIP form
Hi Milly67

There is a PIP guide which is applicable for anyone regardless of their disabilities. There is not a specific guide which covers deafness.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

It is a very large guide, but it goes through every question giving suggestions of how you may write your answers. If you have any questions do post them as you go along.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: milly67

More
4 years 7 months ago #236177 by four
Replied by four on topic Profoundly deaf and PIP form
Hi Milly67,
I am also profound deaf and also waiting for a decision on my PIP application, here is my advice to you,
1) PIP members guide on here that give examples of how to write your answers.
2 National Deaf Children's Society PIP factsheet for deaf people that give information on which descriptors you are most likely to score points.
Q6: Washing and bathing
Q9 - Communicating
Q11 - Mixing with other people
Q13 - Going Out
3) Most important one for me is the PIPINFO website that give details of relevant caselaw for deaf people, it is very important that you include these
in your pip application.
4) Medical evidence such as a letter from GP and your Audiogram confirming that your deafness is Profound.
Remember it is about giving details how your deafness affect you.
Also google Marie and bellared on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, milly67

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.