× Members

Do I or don't I?

More
4 years 8 months ago #236048 by Oscarab
Do I or don't I? was created by Oscarab
Hi

I know its probably my decision but would be interested on your thoughts.

I am in receipt of PIP mid care standard mobility following a move for high rate on both DLA.

My conditions have worsened since (my award is due for review 2022) and I have also been diagnosed with a rare condition/disease which is more so debilitating and for which there is no cure or any real treatment.

Do i apply due to a change or wait for the review?

Would i have to fo for another assessment?

TIA

If they are our rights, why do we have to fight for them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236055 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Do I or don't I?
Hi Oscarab

If you choose to inform the DWP it will be treated as a change of circumstances - especially if you have been diagnosed with something new. That would normally trigger a review and a new assessment. Just be aware that you need to have had the new condition for three months before PIP can be awarded for it. The DWP do say that change of medical condition should be reported. Some people do and others wait until a review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.