× Members

Occupational pension effect on Housing Benefit

More
4 years 8 months ago #236066 by JJ
Hi Team, I am trying to find out if an occupational pension of around £45 per week will effect a person's entitlement to Housing Benefit. I know it will be taken £ for £ from Income Related Employment & Support Allowance, but will it effect the person's entitlement to Housing Benefit ?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #236080 by BIS
HI JJ

There is the potential for it to affect Housing Benefit, but this is something that you would need to check with the council.

I don't know whether this might have any useful information for you

www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/doc...sing_benefit_fcs.pdf

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BIS.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236153 by Gary
Hi JJ

It's not that simple, although housing benefit is one of the easiest benefits to work out but you do need to know total family income including benefit entitlements and household make up such as who lives in the property, their ages, number of bedrooms etc etc.

I usually use Turn2us web sites benefit calculator as it is very accurate www.turn2us.org.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JJ

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.