× Members

Son returned to the UK from Europe

More
4 years 8 months ago #236077 by Battlezone
Son returned to the UK from Europe was created by Battlezone
I wrote a long (and confusing question) about a month ago about my son when he returned to the UK to live from Spain.

He was awarded PIP, without mobility, September 2018. But by the time the decision was received he had returned to live in the UK (July 2018). Been a battle, but my son's PIP was stopped by the DWP on his 18th birthday, 3 months after the decision. Was told he had to reapply as he had reached 18 and a CofC - returned to the UK, and go through the whole process again as mobility was eligible. Another PIP form, another f2f in July. All this even though his review date was 30/09/2022. So many letters sent to the DWP and the Complaints department. Nobody knew what they were doing and I was at the stage of giving up. But I'm persistent!

I received a telephone call 2 weeks ago. My son's PIP has been reinstated and a new extended review date of 30/09/2023. The DWP apologised for their lack of customer service and their error. In their words - it should never have happened. My son's ”new” application has been cancelled, even though last month he had to go through another f2f. The DWP told me that as I was not applying for the mobility component, there was no CofC, therefore the care component was incorrectly stopped. Also the reasoning of stopping his PIP on his 18th birthday was their error.

Award is for Enhanced Care Component with 23 points. He also lost his housing benefit and council tax relief during this time, and the Council have refunded him for the overpayments of rent he had to pay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236079 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Son returned to the UK from Europe
Hi Battlezone

Congratulations on your persistence in getting your son's PIP reinstated. Sounds as if you had a nightmare time and glad you came out on top.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.