× Members

ESA50 part 1 question 8

More
4 years 8 months ago #236106 by magdelena
ESA50 part 1 question 8 was created by magdelena
Ok so this question is ostensibly about problems with vision but the second part of the question asks:

“Can you safely get around a place that you haven’t been to before without help?”

The answer to this is NO but not due to sensory impairment, rather it is due to cognitive impairment. The members guide flags up PIP Q13 so is it worth filling in this box? If for no other reason than it gives a more substantive answer overall in the big picture sense? I already know there are no points here for my husband.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #236108 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 part 1 question 8
Hi Magdelena

As you have already pointed out this question is about visual impairment which you say is not applicable to your husband. Yes, the guide does talk about PIP Q13, but it only means in relation to where someone might be claiming for a visual impairment. You know there are no points here for your husband - concentrate on where he can be awarded them.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

More
4 years 8 months ago #236110 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic ESA50 part 1 question 8
BIS, I swear these forms are making me daft. ;)

I’ve scanned through my own notes and realise that the PIP Q13 is relevant to Part 2, question 15 of the ESA50. The cognitive aspect of Going Out.

Thank you for helping me unboggle my mind :)

More
4 years 8 months ago #236111 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA50 part 1 question 8
No problem Magdelena. You're doing a sterling job sticking with it when you're going through such a difficult time. Grant yourself some slack and give yourself a pat on the back!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

More
4 years 8 months ago #236117 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic ESA50 part 1 question 8
BIS, I’m so grateful to you (and Gordon) for all your help thus far. It’s invaluable and much appreciated. I just want you to know I think you’re a gem x
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.