× Members

PIP Mobility

More
4 years 8 months ago #236152 by Billis
PIP Mobility was created by Billis
Hi, I currently have PIP Enhanced rate having scored 12 points for: f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. (in my case I need the assistance of another person due to mental health issues). I have received a review form and note that the wording has changed to: 'planning and following a route to another place'. Which is not an issue, however, the other Mobility activity: Moving Around now has the question: 'Do you need to use an aid or assistance from another person to help you walk?' My question is. the activity of moving around always seemed to be a 'Physical' question. With the addition of 'assistance from another person' is it now also for claimants with my type of issue? I need, at least for the majority of times, assistance from my wife or friend when out walking as I am too anxious on my own and may lose explicit awareness of my current location leading to panic attacks which could put me in danger as far as safety is concerned. I need to answer the question (s) on the form but not sure how to answer this one given my own circumstances. Any clarification welcomed. Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236165 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Mobility
Hi Mr H

Have you had a look at our 'Members Only Guides' www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip, they contain some very good hints and tips on how to complete forms.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billis

More
4 years 8 months ago #236166 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Mobility
Hi Mr H

Question 14 Moving Around is primarily about your physical ability to stand and walk. Unless you have a medical condition that affects your ability to do that, you are not going to score in this area. If you have a mental health illness that is so bad that it affects your ability to physically stand and walk you would have to provide evidence of it. (For example if the medications someone was taking were so strong that it had an impact on them being able to walk, or caused them fatigue they could only walk slowly or with assistance).

Question 13 Going Out is where mental health comes into play, because it is about being able to leave your home and get from one place to another and although it wasn't recognised in the past it is now that mental health has a severe impact on many claimants in this area and some need assistance (as you describe) and some don't.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236219 by Billis
Replied by Billis on topic PIP Mobility
thank you for your reply. I think the review form may have changed as the questions and numbering don't match your examples. I have no previous form to compare unfortunately.
The review form I have received only has the reference: PIP.1043 in the bottom right hand corner? Also
Q 11. is "planning and Following a Route to Another Place". Q 12. is "Moving Around". I'll have to assume the Moving Around is still used as the physical aspect of walking although I do feel this a grey crossover area as in my case my issues do affect my walking as well as driving or being driven to another place.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236224 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Mobility
Hi Mr H

Sorry, I didn't take on board that it was a review, (my fault) but the information that I gave you is still applicable and yes Q12 is the physical aspect of standing up and walking.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Billis

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.