× Members

New style ESA and ESA50

More
4 years 8 months ago #236191 by Fred
New style ESA and ESA50 was created by Fred
Two weeks ago I had an appointment where the job centre checked my forms and submitted them.

Today I have received an ESA50 form. I am someone who is employed and has been on statutory sick pay for the maximum 28 weeks hence I’ve applied to new style ESA. My aim is to have surgery on my eye in September and be back in work by October, my vision deteriorating has been the reason for being unable to work.

My question is, given the above, do I have to fill out the ESA50? I have not even received any letter confirming receipt of ESA. I don’t intend on being on ESA for more than 2 months if everything goes to plan. The PIP form was stressful enough, I’m not sure I have the energy to apply for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236195 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic New style ESA and ESA50
Hi Fred

You can ring the DWP and check whether it was sent in error, but if you don't fill it in, there is a risk that your claim will be stopped (albeit, you have heard nothing else from them and you won't want it for a short time).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236197 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic New style ESA and ESA50
I’m informed that I have to fill it in otherwise they will stop the payment of any further benefit. Now consulting your guides but I won’t lie, I don’t feel like I have it in me to put the same effort as the PIP form. You really have to work hard to get these benefits and when you’re ill and disabled, this shouldn’t really be the case.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236198 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic New style ESA and ESA50
Hi Fred

I know it's a huge effort, but if you can face it, you could use a lot of the information you used for the PIp. Yes, some of the questions are slightly different, but there is a lot of crossover information.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #236207 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic New style ESA and ESA50
Hi Fred
I totally understand your concerns I am just doing the change over from DLA to PIP and I appreciate the struggle. Its always worth keeping a copy of your forms as this will help for both ESA and PIP. I also have done additional information where I have described in detail how my disability affects me on a day to day basis and just add or amend this as my disability changes. My report this time was 10 pages typed and the assessor said to me that it had given her a good insight as to how my disability affects me. I also gave a copy in at my gp surgery to be scanned to my records. I know its a lot of work now but it will help you in the future. I have been doing this for the last 14 years and it has been a massive help especially with me having memory problems. The questions that are asked in the forms don't always give you the opportunity to express how you are affected!!! Don't give up!! Juliexxx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.