× Members

Upper tribunal ruling on safety and supervision

More
4 years 7 months ago #236204 by AVMSurvivor
Thank you for your guides which I have found most helpful.

I have a question regarding the Upper tribunal ruling on safety and supervision (CPIP/1599/2016).

The guide seems to state for example a person suffering epileptic seizures for which it takes a long time to recover, this is applicable to Mobility Activity 1 - Planning and following journeys - that a person should score 12 points.

It appears ATOS/DWP have accepted this argument in my case and awarded me 12 points for this activity.

What I am wondering is does this argument apply to other descriptors as well, as from what I can understand, the same logic/argument can be applied to all of the descriptors. However considering how difficult it is to make a successful PIP claim I have a feeling there must be some reason the DWP use to say this argument only applies to one descriptor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236214 by BIS
Hi AVMSurvivor

The Upper Tribunal did make it clear that the ruling on safety and supervision could apply to either care criteria or the mobility criteria.

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5..._2017__AACR_32ws.pdf

I am not aware that the DWP say that it only applies to one descriptor. I think many claimants do not show sufficiently that they are at risk the majority, or that they need supervision for the majority of the time to the satisfaction of the DWP or in some cases the first tier tribunal.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLW, AVMSurvivor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.