× Members

Pip assessment again!

More
4 years 7 months ago #236210 by jacksmum1
Pip assessment again! was created by jacksmum1
I have been on PIP since 2011 and award was due to be reviewed in 2020 (issued in December 2018) I notified them of changes that I was diagnosed with COPD in May 2018 by telephone. Despite a very heated argument they decided to send me another application form for PIP, assessment, which I filled in and sent off with complaints and my assessment report from an ESA assessment I also had to attend in February 2019 due to me reaching 65yrs (pensioner) in February 2019. This ESA report went in my favour and the assessor even asked me why I had to be there at all at my age and obviously the medical conditions I have....I now have my pension sorted and thought after sending back the PIP assessment firm in June (9th) honestly thought they were leaving me alone because of the new ruling of "light touch" for pensioners already on PIP. However today I have received a letter from CAPITA stating that they are awaiting information from my GP etc and explained all I have to go through for an assessment??? Am I correct in saying that because I was awarded my PIP before pension age and it runs till 2020 then I should not be asked to participate in another face to face assessment because I am now classed as a pensioner at the age of 65 and NOT be forced to attend assssment for another 10 years??? Worried, confused, exhausted and very very angry! Please advise as soon as possible. xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236213 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip assessment again!
Hi Jacksmum

Although it was announced that all pensions would be subject to a light touch review - no official announcement has yet come out from the DWP about how and when they are starting to apply this. However, one member the other day rang the DWP to find out what was happening to her PIP review and she was told over the phone she was subject to a light touch review and would not be assessed for 10 years. Just a word of warning, she was only told this over the phone - she had not yet received confirmation in writing.

It sounds from what you say that Capita are trying to get more information about you. That doesn't mean you will still be called to a face to face assessment and this may be part of the light touch review despite the standard letter you received.

However, if I was you I would ring the DWP and ask if you are going to get a light touch review as you are already 65 and see what they say. You have nothing to lose by asking the question.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236231 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Pip assessment again!
Yes I thought about calling them to ask this but obviously don't want to jeopardise anything...I am disgusted to say the least as it was only in February I had an ESA assessment! Next time I get any new life threatening illnesses I shall keep it to myself, obviously telling them about "changes" is NOT the thing to do, wished I'd have kept quiet now....all this us draining me. Thanks for your reply x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.