× Members

asking for a statement of reason for first tier

• Margaretmacdonald1
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #236229 by Margaretmacdonald1
asking for a statement of reason for first tier was created by Margaretmacdonald1
Could you please advise on whether I should ask for a Statement of Reasons as I feel they did not take a Gastronomy Report sent with my Appeal for PIP into consideration when making the appeal decision. I was awarded 2 points for preparing food section when my doctors Gastronomy Report has said I have food getting stuck in my throat and a description of a twisted area in my lower oesophagus meaning food gets stuckI start to choke and make myself sick to get any soft food back up. They didn’t even acknowledge this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #236234 by BIS
Hi Margaret

I cannot advise you on whether you want a statement of reasons for the Tribunal's decision. If you want an entire transcript of what was said and the reasons behind the decisions that what you will need to do.

The Preparing Food section is only about the preparation of it - not the eating of it. That comes under Eating and Drinking.

For you to be able to apply to the Upper Tribunal to appeal you will have to show that the Panel made an error in the law when looking at your case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BIS.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236237 by Sarahjohn
Replied by Sarahjohn on topic asking for a statement of reason for first tier
Hi
I think you should get the statement of reasons
I went to tribunal hearing they asked me so many questions but they never asked the DWP anything
It’s like they made their decision before I went inside I got 10 points only for daily living and before I got 13 points
I’ve asked for statement of reasons

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.