× Members

Pip mobility

More
4 years 7 months ago #236397 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Pip mobility
Hi Lilliegez
I too wondered if my claim had been reviewed as had received no correspondence from the DWP.
I phoned them and was told there is no time limit on when the reviews will be done/complete and after I asked for confirmation of whether my claim had been looked at or not the operator was able to confirm my claim was still waiting to be reassessed.
Apparently once it is reviewed we will get a letter whether they increase the award or not.
The operator must have said about 5 times that they did not have to complete the reviews within a time frame- guess there may well be quite a few of us still waiting to hear!
Hope this information helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #237460 by Remix
Replied by Remix on topic Pip mobility
Hi I've been waiting since Jan 2018 to hear from DWP- when the mobility ruling was overruled. At my Tribunal (prior to the U-turn) the judge said he would have awarded the higher rate of mobility, had the issue been settled in law by then.

I've been reluctant to make any contact with DWP but I called and it was confirmed I'm on the list for review. My difficulties with mobility obviously do not get put on hold whilst waiting, at the same time I don't want a adverse-decision due to rushing. Would you advise against pushing for this to be looked into sooner or makes no difference?

Also looking to apply for a blue badge since the recent changes in policy (hidden disabilities). Since I don't have higher rate mobility atm would it be best to wait? Or I could argue my case, and then if the BB is issued in time I could use that toward my PIP review?

Thanks

More
4 years 7 months ago #237474 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mobility
Remix

The PIP Mobility review is being done by a separate section in the DWP, I'm not sure that a claimant can even contact them directly. They are reviewing 1.6m awards so I doubt they will be open to prioritising yours but there should be no harm in your trying.

Do you meet the new criteria for an automatic Blue Badge? If you do then why wait? If you don't then you can ask to be assessed by your Local Authority, a refusal now does not mean that you cannot receive a badge if your PIP award is revised so you qualify automatically.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remix

More
4 years 7 months ago #237479 by freddey
Replied by freddey on topic Pip mobility
i received my letter about 2 weeks ago, and there was no change to the award (standard on both) from 2016-2018
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remix

More
4 years 7 months ago #237518 by Remix
Replied by Remix on topic Pip mobility
I wouldn't automatically receive an Blue Badge but I'm hoping I can make my case and have supporting evidence. I have autism and get ill when I go out, it would make a big difference for me. Thanks Gordon for helping me decide to proceed with my application without waiting. If I can get a BB the sooner the better.

Sorry to hear no change for you freddey. I'm holding out slight (very) hope because in my assessment they mentioned the psychological component being the reason they wouldn't award me more points. In other words they effectively pointed directly at the descriptors which were changed by statutory instrument, being the reason I was declined.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.