× Members

pip assessment light touch 10 years

More
4 years 7 months ago #236307 by rose
Hi does pip assessment given light touch 10 years for pip. Mean it be the same for esa. I read on here that dwp are making decisions based on the pip outcome or via versa esa. I have a assessment due next march. But like know if my circumstances health hasnt changed and do they look at the pip decision. To give same for esa decision. As my health has got worse they got my updated records from g.p. i assume. As it said the records we hold is the clearest there are and we decided to give pip light tough review in ten years. I am just anxious alot as not heard about esa. Will they say same when my next assessment. Is there a way i could get themto look at it early now they got my health decision up date do they get it ftom my dr to find this out it didnt say in letter. Do i still need get additional functional report also as i attend a clinic now for M.E. appreciate advice. Can clinics say no to support letter they gave me one years ago. Hope hear answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236312 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip assessment light touch 10 years
Hi Nicola

ESA is a totally different benefit from PIP and the review dates are different. ESA is reviewed every three years while PIP is reviewed at the time given to individuals - in your case ten years.
You will still be sent a review form for your ESA - but it doesn't mean you will have to have an assessment, but as it stands at the moment you will have to complete the form and send in any relevant evidence. If you want to report a change in circumstances about your health as you say it has deteriorated you can do so for ESA and it will probably trigger a review. Do not assume the outcome to be that you will never be reviewed again until they tell you.

You can always access your old hospital records if you put in a request to do so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.