× Members

PIP Question

More
4 years 7 months ago #236352 by Boots281
PIP Question was created by Boots281
Hi I was on DLA Indefinite award and have had to apply for PIP. I had my face to face assessment on the 25th June (terrible experience) I received a letter dated the 13th July stating they had all the information they needed to make a decision and I would be notified shortly. I received another letter dated 3rd August saying the same. I have recently phoned to be told the same thing. The assessor for my face to face told me I would hear something within 4-6 weeks. The stress of waiting is affecting my health as I know the lies that are told and my face to face was horrendous, the assessor kept talking over me and not letting me answer her questions. As yet I have not heard anything, is this normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236360 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Question
Hi Karen

They do say that you will get an answer in 4 - 6 weeks and many people do, but sometimes there are delays and it takes longer. I'm afraid there is little you can do but wait.

If you're worried about what the assessor has said you can always ring up and make a request to see the assessment report which you are entitled to do so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236390 by Boots281
Replied by Boots281 on topic PIP Question
Thank you BIS
Will phone and make the request when they open next week
Karen

More
4 years 6 months ago #236736 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic PIP Question

Karen wrote: the assessor kept talking over me and not letting me answer her questions.

Just as an aside, that would surely be something you could bring up in a mandatory reconsideration, because that's not how she's supposed to act (DWP PIP assessment manual part 3, I think?).

The waiting time may well be normal, especially over the summer if there's a backlog due to holidays. But I'd keep an eye on it, just in case they turn out to be wrong.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.