× Members

Annual review ESA - Support.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236391 by magdelena
Annual review ESA - Support. was created by magdelena
Hoping for a bit of clarification please.

In 2012 my husband was assessed by ATOS and because of Parkinson’s Disease, was placed in the Support Group.

I have a DWP letter in front of me that states “claim in payment - ongoing”. Each year we receive a letter of review stating the entitlement. This year we received this review letter in February as we have done every year since the f2f with Atos.

Fast forward to now and I’m having to fill in a ESA50 for him. Any idea why the DWP annual review would confirm ongoing and inclusion in the Support Group in February but then send an out of the blue ESA50 in August?

I’m a bit baffled. His condition is incurable and progressive and the ongoing reviews have thus far respected this.

I’m aware of how capricious the DWP are, I’m simply wondering why they would go against their own finding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236403 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Annual review ESA - Support.
Hi Magdelena

What you receive is a standard letter that many others do, Being placed in the support group does not prevent a person from being reviewed. Sometimes there is a specific instruction that someone is not to be reassessed again- but that is exactly what it says.

So for the moment your husband will still receive those review forms every three years or so - longer if they have a back log until someone specifically says they should not be reassessed again. If you think this was done at any time then you need to phone them and challenge it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena

More
4 years 7 months ago #236404 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic Annual review ESA - Support.
Thanks BIS. I’m wading through piles of DWP stuff and some of it seems ambiguous regarding this. I thought he was exempt from reassessment but it seems possibly not. I’ll phone them on Tuesday. Hope you find some time to enjoy the sunshine. You deserve it for all the help you give.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.